net solves traditional problems
Dimitris Stefanou has been
involved in aqua-culture in Greece since 1980.
He has lived through many happy days of
bountiful harvests and several catastrophic
losses due to tears forming large holes in the
traditional nets used.
In spite of the the many hours of diving and
repairing, in an effort to keep traditional
nets sound, all the tears could never be
found. The fish farming industry has been
facing the same issue with their nets. A
reason for not moving the farms offshore.
Dimitris's net solves this problem due to it's
unique strength of materials.
"Our objective is longevity, no holes, no
losses and no diving", says Dimitris Stefanou,
wire net is now available for use after many
years of research and development.
currently have a 100 mm mesh net for sale,
suitable as predator net. It can be used also
for on-growing salmon, brood stock, tuna and
other species that would grow in this size of
Our net will keep beaches and fish-farming
installations safe, in an environmentally
friendly way, by preventing predators from
entering the protected areas or being tangled on the net.
Dimitris's innovative design hangs straight
below the floats, whether it reaches the sea
bed or not. It's unaffected by currents and
Some of its advantages
1. No holes, no
inspections, no divers.
2. It won't be cut by predators or
3. It wont be destroyed by sun or salt,
can be stored anywhere in the open.
4. Easy to pressure-wash, no tumblers, no
5. Negligible water-resistance.
6. Non-porous, hard to foul, shiny finish,
very visible, sinks on its own.
7. Predators cannot get tangled on the
Dura predator stainless wire net. It hangs
straight and stays straight.
8. Makes contact with the seabed
everywhere, even in rough seas.
9. No sharp edges. Can be rigged like any
net to form any shape.
10. Towing a tuna-cage made with Dura predator
stainless wire net will be very easy.
• Stainless steel wire 316,
Monel, Duplex, Non pitting.
• Hardness: semi-hard
• Thickness: 1.2 mm
• Link lock: 0.4 mm double
• Mesh size: 100 mm
• Weight: 800 grams per square metre
• Strength: 140 kg without breaking
• Flotation needed: 1 kg per linear meter,